Boy am I behind on my blogging!!
While I’m flattered to participate, I have to admit that this exercise was a little challenging for me. I’m a fairly new to blogging, so it is all kind of a grand experiment for me. Where can I take it? What can I achieve? In some ways, only time will tell.
I did manage to come up with five reasons, but some of them are more along the lines of a future vision for the blog than reasons why I blog right now.
So, without further ado, five reasons why I blog:
- To help people. Actually, this is the reason that I began writing, many years ago. Over the years, I’ve received help from many writers and I’ve appreciated that help very much. I try to live according to the Golden Rule (“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”). Since I know how much others help has meant to me, blogging enables me to give some of that help back to others.
- To attract potential customers to my writing business. Admittedly, this isn’t happening and it’s completely my fault. As you can see by clicking the tabs above, this site is a work in progress. I envision a place on this site where potential customers can look and see samples of my writing style and view my writing experience. So far, I haven’t finished putting that information onto the site, but I will.
- To be part of a community. Blogging has allowed me to get to know other writers, other WAHMs, and a whole variety of other bloggers with whom I would otherwise never interact. I can think of several bloggers that I would probably never have gotten to know had I not gotten involved in blogging.
- To experiment. It’s kind of fun being in control of a website. As a writer, most of the work I do is assigned to me. That means someone else tells me what to write, describes how to write it, and gives me a deadline. With my blog, I’m in control of the whole process. If I wake up one day and decide to post in white letters on a black background (ugh and double ugh!!!), well who’s going to stop me? Not only that, I get access to all the cool website stats (and I’m one of those who thinks that’s interesting).
- To make money. Alright, I’m obviously not making any money right now. I have one affiliate, but no one has purchased from them. I’ve gone back and forth about putting Google Adsense and Amazon on the site. Frankly, I don’t see the downside. Yeah, I know that I probably won’t be able to retire on what that brings in, but it’s bound to be a little more than I am earning from the blog right now.
Now, I am supposed to tag some other bloggers to participate. I tag
Have fun guys!
Contents (c) Copyright 2007, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved.