Today marks the six month anniversary of this blog. I’m proud of (and a bit surprised at) the progress I’ve made. This blog now has a Google Page Rank of 3, a Technorati rank of 29,263 (give or take since it’s constantly fluctuating), a Technorati authority of 165, an Alexa rank of 384,365 (note to self — figure out what Alexa rank means and how it works). I’ve also just been accepted by PayPerPost and ReviewMe.
Any success that this blog has attained is due to you, the reader. I know that this blog has a great and active reader base. You’ve left me 946 comments to my 144 posts. (Thank-you, thank-you!!!) I feel like I’ve really gotten to know some of you. I appreciate that you come by often and I enjoy visiting your blogs as well.
This week is going to be a busy week for me. There’s a holiday right in the middle of it. I just started a new curriculum for one client and I have a sample developmental edit due for another client.
Since it’s such a busy week, I thought it might be fun to post links to the most popular posts of each previous month. I know that some of you just started reading, so you might have missed some of these early posts.
I used two methods to determine popular posts. First, I used the number of visitors recorded on Awstats to determine which posts appeared on the days that the website received the most visitors. Second, I used the number of comments that appeared on a post.
Popular Posts By Number of Website Visitors
- January — “Ideas Possibly for Sale – An Experiment” (Note: This idea didn’t actually take off.)
- February — “Will a Company Style Guide Give Your Documents a Unified Voice” and “Why Do I Blog? Five Reasons” (There were two posts on the high traffic day.)
- March — “Where Do Your Ideas Come From?“
- April — “Dealing with Deadlines“
- May — “Of Note: getting it right for you“
- June — “Ten Reasons Why You Should Hire a Professional Writer” and “My Favorite Business Book“(There were two posts on the high traffic day.)
Popular Posts By Number of Comments
- January — “Pain and Poetry (or the irony of how life affects art)” and “Yet Another Writing Blog” (Tie)
- February — “Five Proofreading Tips That You Can Use Right Now By Yourself“
- March — “Simply Successful Secrets Meme“
- April — “Ethics in Writing (Part 1 of 2)“
- May — “Top Five Reasons To Work At Home“
- June — “Don’t Be A Stranger: Five Reasons Why You Should Leave A Comment“
I hope you enjoyed this look back at past posts!
P.S. Do you have a favorite post? Why not drop me a note and let me know what it is.
Contents (c) Copyright 2007, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved.