Lillie Amman ofÂ A Writer’s Words, An Editor’s EyeÂ recently tagged me for this meme on work/life balance. If you’ve been reading WritingThoughts a while, then you know that this is an issue that is near and dear to my heart.
Lillie’s meme invites bloggers to answer any of five questions. I chose to answer all of the questions. Here are the questions with my answers:
- How do you achieve balance in your life? I achieve balance by focusing on the things that are most important and by not overextending myself.
- What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life? My biggest challenge is handling the unexpected. I’m a planner–the type of person who likes to lay out in advance what they’re going to do and how they are going to do it. Dealing with the unplanned challenges me and allows me to grow.
- What are your priorities? I list my priorities in this order: serve God, be there for family and friends, and perform all tasks as though I am doing them for God himself.
- How have your priorities changed over time and why?My priorities have definitely changed over time. My energies are now focused on those things that are eternal: God and people. I used to believe that I would get around to focusing on the important things “later, when I had time.” I’ve come to realize that later may never come and that now is all that I can count on. The time to live according to priorities is now.
- What advice can you share to help all of us balance our own lives? Treat setbacks and obstacles as opportunities for learning and growth. Remember, setbacks and obstacles seldom turn out to be permanent. Even if they do turn out to be permanent, you will view them much differently in five years.
Now it is my turn to tag five bloggers. I pick:
I look forward to seeing the responses.
Contents (c) Copyright 2007, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved.