Usually we talk about writing web content on Web Content Thursdays. Today I’m going to turn the tables a little bit. Instead of talking about writing, we’re going to talk about reading – specifically, what blogs you should be reading as a web content writer.
Here’s a list of five must-read blogs for any web content writer:
- The Leading Blog In Your Genre – It’s a good idea to keep up with the leading blogs for your particular type of writing.
- Leading Blogs About Blogging – If you blog, then you need to keep up with what’s going on in the blogosphere. Some of the top blogs to help you with this include: ProBlogger, Daily Blog Tips, The Blog Herald, and Performancing.
- Your Client/Employer’s Blog – Do you really want to be the last one to know that your client/employer is having problems? Whether you have one major client, or many – if they blog, then you should read it. I might not always leave a comment on my clients’ blogs, but you’d better believe that I read them.
- Any Blog That Links to Yours – Don’t you want to know what they’re saying? (If not, why not?)
- Your Own Blog – Yes, it’s important to go back and reread your own blog from time to time. There are a number of reasons to do this. First, you might find old typos that need to be corrected (ugh!). Secondly, you might remember some projects that you started and never quite finished. Third, you might find some posts that you’ve changed your mind about or that need updating.
So, with this list of must-read blogs in mind, what’s in your feed reader?
Contents (c) Copyright 2008, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved