I love the community that has grown up around WritingThoughts. I think that comments are a vital part of this blog. We have some great discussions here, and those discussions are very welcome.
However, as with any activity community, sometimes rules and policies must be set and followed for the benefit of the greater community. The time has come to define the rules for making comments here.
To that end, I’ve developed the following comment policy:
- Comments are great, if they are relevant to the topic I am discussing. Off topic comments will be deleted.
- Spam is not great. I have a spam filter on this blog and it is fairly accurate about determining what is spam and what is not. Nearly everything that goes into the spam filter gets deleted automatically.
- Links are allowed in comments ONLY if they are directly relevant to the post where you are commenting. Affiliate links are not allowed. Nor are links to questionable sites.
- Profanity is never allowed for any reason. Nor are personal attacks on the authors or on other commenters here.
- While comments are encouraged, ultimately this is my blog. I reserve the editorial right to edit or remove any comment for any reason.
Thanks to all my readers for respecting the comment policy.
This policy is valid from 19 June 2007
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.