WritingThoughts is being remodeled! You’ll see several changes in the next few days, but the format that you see may not be the final one.
Feel free to leave a note and let me know what you think of the changes.blogging Featured Article Uncategorized
Changes are in the air!
Over the next few weeks I’ll be upgrading and remodelling this site.
Expect to see a new look, new content, and lots of other great new features.
What’ll it be?
I’m not about to let the cat out of the bag now, but put your hard hats on and check back often because this site is UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
Contents (c) Copyright 2009, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved.
Image Source: www.sxc.hu
Hi all, and thanks for reading!
I’ll be stepping away from this blog for a few days.
Posting will resume on June 20th. See you then!
In the meantime, there’s tons of great stuff in the archives.
Contents (c) Copyright 2008, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved
Image Source: http://www.stockxpert.com/Uncategorized WritingThoughts Featured
What do you like to see on a writer’s blog? This is your chance to have your say!
Not only will the results help to make WritingThoughts a better place, they will also help me to select “Of Note” blogs that are of interest to all of us.
Yesterday, I listed some must-read blogs, so I realize that you must already have a full reading list. I’m not going to add more to your must-read list today. Instead, I’m going to share some links to blogs and posts that I’ think you’ll enjoy.
I follow a number of blogs that are related to writing, and as I read various posts naturally I find some that I want to share. Here’s what I found this week:
- Dazzling Dogs Story Writing Contest at IdeaWeaver – You could win the $50.00 grand prize. All you have to do is download a trial copy of IdeaWeaver and use it to write your dog story. See the site for a complete copy of the rules.
- Group Writing Project – Describe your love affair with writing and win a copy of Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg. Be sure to read a complete rules at Joanna’s site.
- List of Ways to Overcome Blog Writer’s Block – A very comprehensive list of ways to overcome writer’s block.
- Fiction series at Men with Pens (formerly Web Content Writer Tips) – Men with Pens is starting a series on writing better fiction. I don’t see a lot of blog posts on fiction writing, so this is definitely something that you won’t want to miss.
- Magical Thinking Series – Speaking of series, Lillie Amman has been writing a series on Magical Thinking over at A Writer’s Words, An Editor’s Eye. While the entire series is an enjoyable read, this post pertains specifically to writers.
- Grand Re-opening – I am very pleased to share with you that the popular Writers Cafe at Grow Your Writing Business is having a grand Re-opening. You won’t want to miss this special opportunity to hang out with other writers.
This list of noteworthy things to read wouldn’t be complete without listing some of my favorite marketing and advertising blogs. While I don’t have any specific posts to link to, each of these blogs consistently provides high quality and informative content. If you haven’t already bookmarked them, then you should do it now:
- Versa Build Wealth through Smart Marketing – Not only does Vivienne share noteworthy ads, slogans, and logos – she provides an excellent commentary on what she shares. If you do any kind of copywriting, then you will learn a lot from this blog.
- PamilVisions e Writings – The discussion is always lively here. Mig shares her perspective on everything from social media to personal growth to Google.
- Marketing Should Be Fun – What I love most about this blogger is that he DOES have fun on this blog. He does a good job of covering marketing topics and manages to add his own sense of humor and originality into his topic. Visit him today and they’re talking about sex. (Really!)
That’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed this peek around the writing blogosphere!
Contents (c) Copyright 2008, Laura Spencer. All rights reservedblogs to read marketing blogs Quick Links Writing Blogs
There’s still time to go to the original post and cast your vote.
Before I go any further, I should say that all of these blogs are winners. All of these blogs are great. This isn’t THAT kind of competition.
I’m really just looking for a vote for which blog you found to be most helpful. So, a vote for one is NOT a vote against the others.
Thanks to everyone who has already voted.
Here are the blogs that have received votes so far:
- Freelance Writing Jobs
- Grow Your Writing Business
- Punctuality Rules
- The Article Writer
- Web Content Writer Tips
- Writing Forward
Grow Your Writing Business has two votes. All of the other blogs have one vote each.
Contents (c) Copyright 2007, Laura Spencer. All rights reserved2007 Notable blogs Of Note Blogs Uncategorized Writers Blog Writing Blogs
I’m taking the next week off from blogging to spend time with friends and family. I’ll be around here periodically during the week, but not posting or answering comments on a regular basis. This blog will resume its regular posting schedule on Wednesday, January 2nd.
In the meantime, here are some posts that you might enjoy reading. (You knew that I wouldn’t leave you high and dry without anything to do, didn’t you?)
- [The First] Six Months of WritingThoughts – Most Popular Posts – If you’ve just started reading WritingThoughts, you may have missed some of these classic posts.
- Thirty Christmas Activities and Puzzles for Kids – (Don’t tell anyone I said so, but many of these activities are fun for grownups too, shhh!)
- Fortune Chooses the 101 Dumbest Moments in Business: We Pick Our Favorites – Reading through these just might make you feel better about your own mistakes.
- Great Ad 14: Santa Drinking Coca Cola Vintage Ads – Enjoy classic Coca Cola Santa advertising through the years.
Are you still looking for something to do? You can always munch down on Cheerios Snack Mix.
See you next year!Christmas holidays New Years Day Seasons Greetings Uncategorized
In my continuing effort to get to know my readers better, I’ve devised another poll. Feel free to leave a comment explaining your answers.
As you can see, WritingThoughts is in the midst of a design makeover.
Actually, it’s nearly complete — there are a few more things that I’d like to tweak.
Stay tuned for the rest of the discussion about making money offline. I’ll also post the results of where my traffic comes from later this week.
I hope that you like the new look.Uncategorized
I’ve been seeing a lot of new names at WritingThoughts lately, which is a really good thing. I thought that now might be a good time to ask how you got here.
So, I’m asking you to please answer the following poll. It’s easy … there’s only one question! You can remain anonymous, or you are welcome to leave a comment.
Maybe we can all learn something about what drives traffic!