Yesterday, I listed some must-read blogs, so I realize that you must already have a full reading list. I’m not going to add more to your must-read list today. Instead, I’m going to share some links to blogs and posts that I’ think you’ll enjoy.
I follow a number of blogs that are related to writing, and as I read various posts naturally I find some that I want to share. Here’s what I found this week:
- Dazzling Dogs Story Writing Contest at IdeaWeaver – You could win the $50.00 grand prize. All you have to do is download a trial copy of IdeaWeaver and use it to write your dog story. See the site for a complete copy of the rules.
- Group Writing Project – Describe your love affair with writing and win a copy of Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg. Be sure to read a complete rules at Joanna’s site.
- List of Ways to Overcome Blog Writer’s Block – A very comprehensive list of ways to overcome writer’s block.
- Fiction series at Men with Pens (formerly Web Content Writer Tips) – Men with Pens is starting a series on writing better fiction. I don’t see a lot of blog posts on fiction writing, so this is definitely something that you won’t want to miss.
- Magical Thinking Series – Speaking of series, Lillie Amman has been writing a series on Magical Thinking over at A Writer’s Words, An Editor’s Eye. While the entire series is an enjoyable read, this post pertains specifically to writers.
- Grand Re-opening – I am very pleased to share with you that the popular Writers Cafe at Grow Your Writing Business is having a grand Re-opening. You won’t want to miss this special opportunity to hang out with other writers.
This list of noteworthy things to read wouldn’t be complete without listing some of my favorite marketing and advertising blogs. While I don’t have any specific posts to link to, each of these blogs consistently provides high quality and informative content. If you haven’t already bookmarked them, then you should do it now:
- Versa Build Wealth through Smart Marketing – Not only does Vivienne share noteworthy ads, slogans, and logos – she provides an excellent commentary on what she shares. If you do any kind of copywriting, then you will learn a lot from this blog.
- PamilVisions e Writings – The discussion is always lively here. Mig shares her perspective on everything from social media to personal growth to Google.
- Marketing Should Be Fun – What I love most about this blogger is that he DOES have fun on this blog. He does a good job of covering marketing topics and manages to add his own sense of humor and originality into his topic. Visit him today and they’re talking about sex. (Really!)
That’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed this peek around the writing blogosphere!
Contents (c) Copyright 2008, Laura Spencer. All rights reservedblogs to read marketing blogs Quick Links Writing Blogs